Lather Nature's Mission
Doing our part to make aware of and help the global crisis; stop unnecessary suffering from use of animals bi-products in our daily consumption, and contribute to policy change for inhumane practices.
Our mission broken down:
1. Our products are made with consideration to eliminate the use of large plastics bottles, deter from chemicals that poison our own bodies as well as our oceans, and reduce carbon footprint.
2. Commercial soap and some handmade soaps to contain ingredients, such as palm oil and mica, which needlessly contribute to human exploitation and trafficking.
- The production of palm oil can result in land grabs, loss of livelihoods and social conflict, and human rights are often violated on plantations. The resulting conflicts have had a significant impact on the social welfare of many.
- Mining the mineral mica involves dangerous digging of vertical shafts of one to two metres wide and around 15 metres deep, extracting and then sorting the mica. There is an overwhelming majority of children that are forced to do these jobs, kept away from families in very poor living conditions, which in combination of the risk involved in mining as well as living standards, this unfortunately results in a high number of child death.
3. We want you to have a product that is transparent with ingredients, and honestly good for you. Tallow (tallowate) is fat derived from the fatty tissue of sheep or cattle, and is often used as a base by most commercial soaps that have large scale production. It’s used to help hold the shape of a bar, and create lather... but we are able to achieve that without animal cruelty without drying out your skin! Tallow can be harsh on the skin, pulling out oils that the skin needs to feel and look its best. It can also make the skin feel dry and itchy by removing necessary oils that protect and hydrate. It is a surfactant, meaning it operates as cleansing agent, Not nourishing or moisturizing.
4. Your purchase helps one of our largest contributors to the global crisis... factory farming. From deforestation to inhumane practices, we are motivated to partner with programs which help in educating the public as well as help change unethical policies and practices.
Your support in these changes means the world to us!
Lather Nature thanks you,
Mother Nature appreciates you!